Hans-Christian Drechsler, Ballerup (Denmark)
Video 9 2017
“Audiological background of smart hearing aids – scientific findings and benefits for everyday life”
Everyone is talking about smart hearing, but what about the audiological background of modern hearing systems?
Meeting the often disparate objectives of recognising speech, overcoming distracting noise, and maintaining environmental awareness requires intelligent and adaptive solutions. A desire to effectively keep this delicate balance has led to the development of completely new signal processing and adaptive directional strategies.
Hans-Christian Drechsler will specifically explain the philosophy of binaural directionality III in addition to the operating principles of innovative signal processing and environmental classification. The benefits and advantages of these features will also be included in the presentation. The scientific research to be presented is based on the latest studies and audiological research.
– Review of the principles, considerations and the benefit of modern signal processing strategies
– Development and implementation of adaptive environmental classifiers
– Understanding the benefits and limitations of classical directional strategies
– Development and implementation of adaptive directional strategies
– Operating principles of binaural directionality including band-split processing, selective directional hearing, and restoration of the natural ability for selective auditory attention.